12.30.2009

FirstBlogFeatureIvy



































Her blog is called Positive Tension

Name:  Ivy
Age:  20

Store to most likely find you camping out in? Forever 21!


Describe your style.  I don't think I have a specific style.  I like to try different looks as I'm still trying to find one that fits me best.  Sometimes I feel a bit more "rock and roll", sometimes a bit more "girly".  I do try to keep it simple though!

What’s your major?  Right now, I'm double majoring in International Business and Marketing and minoring in Fashion Merchandising.  To be honest, I don't like it too much.  I'd change it but I've already gone from Accounting to English to Business... and it's such a hassle to change majors.  I'm just going to graduate as soon as possible and probably go into real estate after university.

What was the reason for starting up a blog?  I've been blogging since I was 15, but it was always for personal use.  When I came across the blog, Childhood Of Flames, I felt so inspired to create my own blog directed towards fashion.  It's a great way to document my outfits and see what works for me and what doesn't.

Fashion icons?  Definitely the Olsen twins.

What’s your favorite piece of clothing in your closet?  Currently, my new Marc by Marc Jacobs Classic Q Groovee Satchel!

Do you think living in L.A has molded your style?  Living in Los Angeles definitely makes you more aware of designer names since it's one of the fashion and shopping capitals of the world.  Style in L.A. is definitely unique since you won't see that casual, So Cal, surfer chic look anywhere else.  It's also helped 'cause I see a lot of things that I want to stay away from, such as Juicy Couture jumpsuits and Ed Hardy.

What 3 things should every girl have in their closet?  A pair of shoes they absolutely love that goes with at least 80% of their closet, a black bandage skirt, and a nice, simple, clean blouse/top.

Is there a trend or a clothing item that you are too afraid to try?  Nope, I'm willing to try anything once!

Who are your favorite designers?  Alexander Wang and Karl Lagerfeld.

Lastly, is there anything in particular that you want for X-Mas?  Christmas already passed but I really wanted the Sam Edelman Zoe's.  Instead, I got the Marc by Marc Jacobs bag mentioned above and I love it more than anything in my closet right now.  I have more than enough pairs of shoes to last me a lifetime, so it was time for a new handbag!


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Dylana Suarez said...

I love her style and blog so much!

colormenana.blogspot.com

yiqin; said...

Super lovely jackets :)

Audrey Allure said...

awesome & great interview!

Karen Morales said...

great pick, shes awesome
:)

Ash Fox said...

Great style. I like her analysis of LA style.

Happy New Year!

Analisa said...

She has great style! I'd camp out in Forever 21 too haha.

Happy new year :)

Lily said...

yeah, the girl got great style
and you did a lovely interview :)

XO, lily

Adrianna Traxler said...

she sure does have amazing style...i love that her looks are very accessible yet so put together. Each piece that she adds to her outfits just makes the looks complete.

This chick's got style said...

Wow, great style!!

E said...

I love her looks! i'm going to have to check our her blog!

Wendy said...

Great interview! I admire how she can style jeans so interestingly.