4.10.2018

TASTY TUESDAY: CHICKEN ECHILADAS!



I’m pretty sure I was going to share this recipe 3 weeks ago, but then I made it again and remembered I never shared, Oops. So, here it is, my easy delicious Chicken Enchiladas! I’ve perfected this recipe to be QUICK and EASY! Nobody has all day to cook.

WHAT YOU NEED:

2 Chicken Breasts (to be shredded) 
1 (32 oz) Carton of Vegetable Broth 
1 Chunky Tomatillo Salsa 
1 Tomatillo Sauce 
1 Can of beans (you can omit if you get salsa w/ beans) 
2 Cups of Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
5 oz of Cream Cheese 
Packet of Tortillas 
1 Avocado as topping 





1. COOK THE CHICKEN 

There are several ways of cooking the chicken to shred and I do these 2 ways. You can either boil in vegetable broth to have more juice or cook on a skillet till it's no longer pink inside which is 6 min per side. I find the skillet to be faster. You set the chicken aside to cool and shred away. 

2. MIX THE CHICKEN W/ CHUNKY SALSA & CREAM CHEESE

While the chicken cools separate the cream cheese you plan to use and let it soften, so it's easier to mix. Put the shredded chicken into a medium size bowl and pour the SALSA first to mix and then add the cream cheese. I love using Trader Joes Roasted Tomatillo and Mango Salsa since it has black beans, roasted corn, and mango. I will tell you now, that you can't taste the mango. So, if you have a significant other or friends who would find mango in enchiladas gross, they will never know. I should know because Alex didn't notice ; ) Also, if you're salsa doesn't have beans, drain and rinse the beans AND then add to the mixture. 

3. GET YOUR BAKING DISH READY 

Grab a 9x13 baking dish and pour half of your Enchilada SAUCE to the bottom. You can oil up your dish, but really as long as you don't overcook your enchiladas they come out very easily. 



4.  START PREPARING THE ENCHILADAS

Get a plate big enough to fit an open tortilla and start filling them up with the mix. I spread mostly in the middle, roll, and fill the ends with more mix. You don't want to have any mix left over. The perk of making your own enchiladas is not having to be stingy with the meat. Place in dish with the SAUCE. You can make up to 8 enchiladas. 

5. BAKE THE ENCHILADAS AT 375 FOR 25 MIN

Once you're done filling up your tortillas and placing them in the dish. Pour the remaining enchilada SAUCE on top and spread the cheese. Bake your Enchiladas for 25 min UNCOVERED until you see the cheese melted and tortillas slightly browned.


6. EAT THE HECK OUT OF THEM!! 

I paired the Enchiladas with toasted coconut Quinoa (toasted because I cooked for too long lol) Just use coconut milk to make the quinoa. You can also pair it with cilantro garlic rice. That recipe is 6 cloves of minced garlic sauteed in olive oil, add the rice & water. Once cooked, top with cilantro. 

I hope you enjoy and let me know if you end up making them : ) They're a favorite at our house! 

Xo,

Adrianna 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!